Slimming with my Slow Cooker




So, this isn’t strictly related to students, however I feel like this is a good piece of advice. There is nothing worse than having a long stressful day in Uni/College, then heading home to cook a meal from scratch.

With having a busy lifestyle, convenience sometimes is a necessity. I purchased a slow cooker so I could leave meals cooking all day and come home to them finished. There are so many recipes that you can do in the slow cooker – the following are firm favourites of mine.

1.     Chilli – Slimming world chilli is honestly one of the nicest chilli’s I have ever tasted. This is one of the things I would usually batch cook – I make a big batch of chilli in the slow cooker on Sunday and freeze portions for the weeks ahead.
2.     Chicken – Another favourite of mine is putting a chicken seasoned with garlic and rosemary in the slow cooker and leaving it to cook all day – by the time you come home the chicken is ready to serve and the slow cooker leaves the chicken tender and juicy.
3.     Curry – Slow cooker curry is amazing for days when you need a quick dinner when you come home. I chop up chicken breasts with onions, peppers and mushroom, cover with water and add some mayflower curry sauce (available at Farmfoods or B&M) – by the time you come home the curry is ready to be served – for easiness I use a packet of Uncle Ben's microwavable rice which split between two works out at 1 syn each. Dinner is served in under 5 minutes!

4.     Campfire Stew – now, you may not have heard of this if you haven’t done slimming world before. Ill post the recipe below. I wont lie, it sounds disgusting, BUT it is honestly such a lovely dinner and can be frozen so it is ideal for batch cooking.

(I completely appreciate that it sounds minging but honestly don't knock it until you try it) 

These are just a couple of my favourites, there are plenty more other recipes that you can do in your slow cooker when following the Slimming World plan. Personally, id recommend a slow cooker to anyone as it is such a life saver on days when life gets in the way and its hard to plan. 



Comments

Popular Posts